Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer Seventeen



The age of 17 was for me, perhaps one of the best -- still a kid, almost an adult, a nice balance.  I spent most summer days at Sunset Beach in CA with my friends.  If I had gas in my '64 Galaxy and money to buy Doritos, cottage cheese and a Dr. Pepper all was well.    
Here we are in the summer of 2017 and I've just turned 60.  Reality check! 
30, 40 even 50 didn't cause a ripple but 60....sigh.  I pray for wisdom and faithfulness.  Wisdom to discern what matters in this earthly life and faithfulness to serve my Savior, eyes fixed on eternity.
Musings aside, with grateful hearts we'll return to all our favorite venues this summer!  Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and favorite places.

In early spring  I anticipate the arrival of new ideas.  There may be absolutely nothing on the radar and then in an instant that 'thing' happens!  It's exhilarating!  I'm excited about my newest designs --  drenched with a watercolor effect, finished with some loose scribble.  I've just gotten started and expect that they'll evolve,  taking their own direction.  Just wanted to say hi and sheepishly inform that there is still NO WEBSITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment